The right job:
You know it. There’s absolutely nothing more debilitating than to be in a situation where your heart is simply not in your work. You’re, unclear, unproductive and downright miserable. But when you find work that lines up with who you are, you achieve, thrive and excel. Your job does not feel like work, it becomes a hobby, a passion! Defining a meaningful career path starts with a thorough understanding of what are your gifts, strengths, passion and values. And then crafting the sweet spot where all of those could come together and form a career path that represents who you are and what you have to offer. A career path that makes you jump out of your bed each morning to start working. A career goal worth fighting for.
The right way:
80% of the vacant jobs are never advertised. This means that when you apply for the 20% advertised jobs, you are not only seeing a limited number of opportunities, you are also competing with thousands of other applicants. This reactive approach gives you a tragic 3% chance to be called for an interview!
So how can you stop being reactive and get your foot in the door before the hiring decisions are made? How can you ensure opportunities come to you and that you never have to chase people tirelessly?
Net, finding ‘the right job. the right way’ comes down to these 3 elements:
- Find your WHY: Define a career path that lines up with who you are and what you have to offer
- Craft your WHAT: Build your professional identity with the right tools that express and showcase your unique brand
- Ace your HOW: Market yourself within the right networks in the right way to land the job you want.
- Understand the criteria, motivation and drivers of your career
- Explore your passion, strengths and values to carve your career sweet spot
- Define your career vision, goals and strategy
- Seek clarity on potential career paths and choices
- Define your Unique Value Proposition
- Prepare your Elevator Pitch
- Create a Powerful CV that Speaks for You
- Draft Compelling Cover Letters
- Build a Strong Professional Identity on LinkedIn
- Identify who you need to know and who needs to know you
- Optimize LinkedIn to successfully reach out to key players and be seen by recruiters
- Manage your network to secure meetings and interviews with potential recruiters
- Express yourself with Confidence at Interviews & Networking Events
A full day interactive and engaging workshop to help you define your WHY, craft your WHAT and ace your HOW.
- The opportunity to spend 1 full day one on one with 2 Certified Career Coaches available to answer all your questions
- Coffee breaks + Lunch
- An opportunity to Network with likeminded professionals
That’s not all!
You workshop pack will also include tons of EXTRAS:
- 7 steps to find meaning and purpose in your career
- 5 strategies to build your compelling and consistent personal brand
- Effective elevator pitch guide for formal/casual networking events and interviews
- 10 killer tips to write an unbeatable resume
- 4 CV Templates
- 4 Cover Letter Templates
- A list of standard interview questions and how to best answer them
- A LinkedIn Optimization Check List
- 5 email templates to reach out to key players
- 10 insider lessons no one in the business world will tell you
- 10 misconceptions about networking + 18 tips to improve your networking skills
- 3 ways to enhance your emotional intelligence and succeed in your career
- 10 tips to get noticed at work
- Does your work represent who you are and what you have to offer?
- Can you list your strengths, values and describe your unique value proposition?
- Do you have clear career goals that truly excite you?
- Do you have a clear professional identity?
- Do you have a strong elevator pitch that allows you to present yourself powerfully?
- Do you have a clear understanding of how companies recruit?
- Are you spending enough time building a professional network?
- Are you spending more time creating opportunities than applying for opportunities?
- Does your CV reflect your true professional identity?
- Are you confident your CV format and design will help you stand out from the crowd?
- Do you know what an “All-Star” profile means on LinkedIn?
- Are you sure your CV/LinkedIn profile contain all the key words searched by recruiters?
- Have you ever been contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn?
You answered “NO” to 2 or more questions? Then this workshop is for you!
Meet Your Career Coaches
Samia Hasan is the founder of Direction Dose – millennial career development platform that crafts experiences through events, career and startup coaching, writing, training and speaking. She’s a certified Strengths Strategy coach, NLP Practitioner and IPCC from the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
After completing her MBA in Marketing, she started her career with Procter & Gamble, world leading FMCG organization. She worked her way up as a Senior Regional Brand Manager, growing some of P&G’s billion dollar brands for 9+ years. Throughout this time, she experienced tremendous learning and growth, managed a huge business with multiple geographies and teams, until she discovered ‘people development’ as her true calling. At Direction Dose, Samia helps young professionals see who they are and achieve what they are capable of.
As a career coach, she helps them find their passion and calling, discover and leverage their strengths, enabling them to excel in their careers. As a startup coach, she enables entrepreneurs outline a clear business strategy and craft their unique brand stories, carving out a business they’d be proud of. Having lived in UAE for more than 20 years during different stages of her life, she witnessed the country’s remarkable growth and the limitless possibilities it offers.
Samia has recently launched a millennial network event series Unwind the Grind which is an after hour affair where young folks chill out in an interactive and inspiring place to discuss what they love to talk about most – their work! The shows typically feature music gigs, drama, stand-up comedy, career confessions, live mentoring, fireside chat with success stories and networking with like-minded millennials.
As a budding thought leader, Samia writes about career and startup topics pertaining millennials as a regular contributor at Huffington Post, Thomson Reuter and Entrepreneur ME.
Emeline is a highly-accomplished Talent Management expert and Certified Career Coach with a unique background in supporting talented individuals and businesses reach their full potential through customized solutions.
Emeline has over 13 years of experience in Human Resources, Learning and Development and Talent Management across several industries from start-ups to multinationals.
Throughout her career, she was actively involved in employee recruitment, development and engagement for the ACCOR hospitality group. She supported Delta Partners Group, a leading advisory and investment firm, establishing a corporate culture for training and employee development. Later, she joined the 2 main knowledge providers in the region (Informa Middle East and Meirc Training & Consulting) where she created and led professional development and learning programs to develop the Human Capital of 100s of key organizations in the GCC.
In 2016, Emeline launched MomentuM Coaching and Consulting to support individuals lead the life and career they truly want and help organizations take their business and people to the next level.
Emeline graduated from the International Coach Academy, a certifying body accredited by ICF (The International Coach Federation) with over 250 hours of coaching under her belt. She holds a Bachelor Degree from NEOMA International Business School in France with a major in Human Resources as well as several certifications including Leadership & Management, Project Management, Emotional Intelligence, and the ATD Coaching Certificate Program.
Based in Dubai for over a decade, Emeline’s expertise comes with a deep understanding of the GCC region’s cultural and economic background.